22 September 2012

31 Postcards in 31 Days

This remind's me a whole lot of George Pratt's infamous 30 portraits in 30 days assignment that I did my junior year at Ringling College (you can see some of those awesome portraits here). I loved that project and think about it constantly. Ive always loved working on too many things at once and projects  like these really allow me to do just that. 

The 31 Postcards in 31 Days is more about the promotion of letter writing, but I'm going to use it as an excuse to doodle/create and share. I'm going with the USPS postcard size standard and using some thicker cardstock. The cardstock is still not quite weather/mail proof so I'll be putting them in envelopes and sending them that way. I also have some pretty crazy plans for most of them (think of my paper toys/paper dolls) and they'd definitely be destroyed in their passage across the country. I sent out a Call for Addresses on Facebook and received way too many addresses, but I'm a sucker and will probably send some to those that volunteered after the initial 31 anyway. The event is open to whoever wants to participate so maybe some of you will read this and decide to do so too! (If you want my address, just let me know!) 

When they're all finished, I'll have them scanned. After I send them out, I'll post pictures here! I'm really excited and hope I get some pictures of them in their new homes! (Especially the ones that need to be cut and assembled, GAH I'm so excited.)

I've finished three, I'm working on the fourth and I just started today! I'll be working on them every chance I get in hopes to finish them all by the beginning or middle of October as they all need to be sent IN October!



This is going to be SO much fun! I hope some of you decide to do it too!

1 comment:

  1. This is so much fun! Can't wait to see the cards you create.

    http://www.amber-hinds.com

    ReplyDelete